Sunday, December 25, 2011

Merry Christmas!


I hope everyone had a great holiday!

The baking bonanza is officially over for the holiday season.  Everything went by in such a blur that I didn't even take pictures of everything I baked - something I should have done for posterity's sake.  That's okay - most will be revisited very soon, and I'll make up for it on Valentines.  Here are a few of the unique ingredients that made their way into some of my baking this season ... and will probably show up again in a few different variations!

:: (left) Handmade artisan Baileys Irish Cream truffles pressed into the centre of shortbread cookies to bake ::
:: (right) Cap'n Choco Crunch was the cereal of choice for another variation of the Fudge Krispy Truffles ::
:: (left) Making flavoured shortbread cookie by using Jell-O powder in the batter ::
:: (right) Griotte sour cherry chocolate truffles pressed into shortbread cookies to bake ::
:: Fluffernutter (left) and dark chocolate spread (right) were great compliments for shortbread cookie sandwiches ::

This only puts a dent in things, but they're definitely my favourite.  Have you had any interesting concoctions in your baking this year?

No comments:

Post a Comment